There are many signs that indicate your furnace may require servicing. It’s a good idea to check on your appliances as part of a regular routine and monitor for any of these issues that are indicators that it’s time to schedule a repair:
- Cold rooms: If your home or business takes a long time to heat up, or stops warming up entirely, it’s time for an inspection right away to get the furnace back in operation.
- Loud Noises: Furnaces typically operate relatively quietly. Frequent banging or whirring noises could be a sign that a fan or motor needs to be replaced.
- Unusual smells: A faint unpleasant scent is a common indicator of a carbon monoxide leak. A carbon monoxide leak compromises your furnace and also poses a serious health risk. If your furnace is emitting carbon monoxide, call the fire department and evacuate the building.
- Higher heating bills: Your heating costs may creep up over time with an inefficient furnace. Scheduling a visit with the 180 Plumbing & Heating team to get your furnace serviced and tuned up.
- Repeated furnace cycling: If your furnace continually runs, a gauge may have malfunctioned and it’s no longer responding to the thermostat to regulate heating cycles properly.